What You Should Know about COVID-19
by Fallbrook Directory Mar 30, 2020
As COVID-19, also known as coronavirus, continues to spread globally and reaches pandemic levels, there are a few key facts to know about the virus in order to limit your chances of exposure and keep yourself and those around you healthy.
5 What You Should Know about COVID-19
1. Four Facts about COVID-19
· COVID-19, also known as coronavirus, is s a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person.
· COVID-19 spreads from person to person from close contact, which is why social distancing is so important.
· COVID-19 symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
· Those who are at higher risk include the elderly (those over 70) and those who are immunocompromised or have pre-existing conditions.
2. Three steps you can take now:
· Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds using soap and water
· Avoid touching your face, eyes, or mouth (a good rule to abide by is to avoid touching anything above your collar bones)
· If you have to cough or sneeze, do so into the crook of your elbow or into a tissue. Wash your hands thoroughly afterwards!
3. Two ways to limit your potential exposure:
· Maintain social distancing of at least six feet when out in public.
· Limit public outings to only what is essential: trips to the grocery store, bank, doctor's office, or to pick up prescriptions.
o Limit your social outings and avoid meeting in groups of ten or larger.
4. One thing to remember:
· While coronavirus has created much uncertainty and anxiety for many, it's important to remember to be kind yourself. Recognize that you are doing the best you can, taking all of the precautions you can, and acknowledge your strength. Stress can weaken your immune system, so doing what you can to remain calm – whether that's meditation, a walk in the backyard, or a few minutes spent in the sun or reading a cheerful book – can help you more than you realize. We're all in this together, even though we have to separate via social distancing for now.
Wishing you health and wellness,
the Fallbrook Directory